Please login in order to report media.
1. Mercury is the closest planet to the sun.
2. This planet is the smallest one in the solar system.
4879 kilometers (2927 miles) along its Ecuador.
The earth has 12745 kilometers (7645 miles).
3. Despite being the closest planet to the sun.
It is the second warmest, after Venus.
4. During the day, temperature reach 427 C (800 F).
Overnight, they reach -173 c (-280 F).
This is because it has no atmosphere to regulate temperatures.
5. The nuclei of small planets are usually solid.
But due to sulfur, Mercury´s core is liquid.
6. Mercury can be seen to the naked eye from Earth.
7. Mercury is becoming less bulky.
In the last 4000 million years, it has shrunk its radius about 7 kilometers (4.2 miles).
8. Mercury takes 59 Earth days to make one rotation.
And it makes a complete orbit around the sun in just 88 earth days.
Which means that it takes less than 2 Mercurians days to complete 1 year of the planet.
9. It is the most heavily created planet in the solar system, due to collisions with comets and asteroids.
The Caloris carter is the largest, it has 1.550 kilometers (930 miles) in diameter.
10. From Mercury, the sun is seen nearly 3 times larger than as viewed from Earth.
11. Mercury has a double sunrise.
The Sun rises, stops, hides almost where it came out, and rises again.